Kala Pose

Kala Pose
=)

Monday 22 October 2012

The Cretin and The Skeever

Hello Blogger it's been, oooh, a while since I have seen your face. About 2 years perhaps. Although for a lack of recent content, I've had  page views from Central America, Germany and a country where my geography fails me.

So why have I come back after so long to divulge into ego-centrical, self absorbed chit-chat with myself? Mainly to escape from the addictive mind-game of Facebook. After reading an article about how Facebook and Twitter affects the Personal and Social lives of many people, I have resolved to stop my early morning, elevenses, lunch time, mid-afternoon, bus ride home, home time, dinner time and evening Facebook checks and get on with a thing called 'real life'. Know what it is? I'm not too sure myself.

Another reason is being plain fed up of being force fed the ongoings of 'The Cretin and The Skeever' every 20 minutes. Don't know what I'm on about? That's just as well. Trust me.

Skyrim?

So, To old readers - Hello again! I apologise for being away so long.
New readers - Hello and welcome.Please sit back, enjoy and feel free to comment on my once sided, often negative views. Or maybe correct some bad grammatical errors.

First rant of the year - Lovely

Have you ever been called lovely by a friend. The compliment usually goes as follows:
"I'll call you later lovely" or
"Hey, haven't spoken in agessss, how have you been loveliness? xxxxx"
These comments often precede in no call (or even text), or no email of sincere sympathies and apologies after you have spilled your soul over how upset you are over your recent break up.

This 'lovely' is a fake compliment. I repeat - fake compliment.

Surely a real friend can compliment you in a more personal way. Maybe you have a killer dress sense, or ability to empathise with your every predicament in life. Lovely just shouldn't cut it. Lovely is something you call a cute dog in the street:
"oooh isn't he lovely"
"Actually. She's a She"
Lovely doesn't even recognise your gender!

In my personal opinion, this 'compliment' is used to manipulate feelings. Make you feel liked and valued by your, friend, when actually they most likely can't think of anything to say other than the unimaginative, plain and empty 'lovely'.

All for now
Kay






No comments:

Post a Comment