Kala Pose

Kala Pose
=)

Monday 24 November 2014

Absurdity of Happiness

For the last couple of weeks I have been desperate to finish 'The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul' by Deborah Rodriguez. The best opportunity presented itself tonight - just as I came in from work. My parents were still doing decorating work in the hallway and making a load of mess (anyone who knows me well enough knows how much I hate noise, mess and disorder as soon as I get home from work). So I took this opportunity to hide away in my room with half an hours worth of reading left to occupy my time; just until the flat was back to normal. To my utter dismay, my half an hour planned reading time, took 5 mins. All those juicy pages were in fact an interview with the author.

who reads them anyway?

Feeling slightly disgruntled that my vanishing act had failed, I started reading 'Age of Absurdity' by Michael Foley.

The first chapter focuses on happiness, the pursuit of happiness, contentedness blah blah. And I thought, "Am I happy?" Here is a list of why I am happy:


1 - Zooming as fast as I can down Fossgate on my Mountain bike every morning. Its super fun on my mountain bike because the streets are cobble and Road bikes suck. It's a great moment where you can pretend to be a child riding a horse or a dragon again.

2 - When I come home from work, getting from the front door to my bedroom (ninja stylee) without anyone seeing or hearing me. If I get spotted, the chances of my 5 minuets Facebook, reply to messages, general chill out time is rudely disturbed. As I mentioned above, I'm grumpy.

3 - Discovering a band or artist that you have instant chemistry with. That might sound strange, but I have had a longer relationship with David Bowie than any other bloke. That's not code for some weird fantasy land I live in, mind. Last Week I discovered Sallie Ford - she is a beautiful lady and highly recommend giving her a listen. Cue YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xC2dS_RZiM 

4 - RADIATOR PANTS! on a cold morning, or any morning, try placing your pants on a radiator while you shower. Mmmm nice warm bottom.

5 - Good wind direction. Before you snigger, I mean real wind, the stuff blowing outside. In York, when the wind is blowing in a certain direction the whole city smells of chocolate cake. The best sort from your childhood that Mum made on Sundays.


Yes, I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment